Two weeks ago my mom threw me the most amazing engagement party ever! She had some help from my wonderful maid of honor Mara along with my aunt Linda.
Here’s a photo of Mara and my mom getting ready for the big day. Hard at work!
The engagement party decorations were absolutely gorgeous. They made cut out fruit trays and cheese and meat trays (they kind of looked like what Edible Arrangements does). Dips and signs and banners and of course, beautiful floral centerpieces.
We had TONS of delicious allergen free food, and of course, who can have an engagement party (or any party for that matter) without a little bit of alcohol..
There were tons of engagement party decorations they created, but today what I’m going to be showing you are the amazing Alice in Wonderland themed centerpieces.
They were also super budget friendly and easy to make (I watched and helped them do it)!
All you need are:
- An assortment of teapots and tea cups (my mom got these at Christmas Tree Shoppes, Ross, TJ Maxx, etc..)
- White carnations
- White and red-tipped carnations
- Plastic florist card holders (I just asked for these at the floral store and they gave them to me for free)!
- Ferns (picked these out of our yard just to add some green to the centerpieces)
- Mini playing cards
- Candles and candle holders (my mom had these and we added them last minute, but not necessary)
What we did to create these engagement party centerpieces was cut the flower stems really short so they only poked out of the tea pots. Added the ferns and then the plastic floral card holders with the playing cards stuck in them.
As you can see in the images below there’s not much to it but it looked like it took a ton of time and really fit the theme of the engagement party.
And of course we had lot of other decorations.. Mara made a sign in board too which I’ll post in another blog article.. gotta save some of it
Here are a few other pictures from the party…
Hope you enjoy! Let me know your thoughts on the centerpieces. Think they’re as cute as I did?