I hope you had a fabulous weekend! It’s always too short isn’t it?
Adam and I had a super relaxing weekend, though very much needed. I had an awesome visit from my brother Saturday night and I introduced him to gluten free fried chicken, which he absolutely loved.
It was super delicious.. and I’m going to give you the secret one of these days soon to having the best fall off the bone fried chicken legs. YUM!
I started doing the crazy INSANITY DVDs so I can get a little fit for when we’re in Disney next month and for the wedding, which may be over a year away, but it’s never too early to start!
And let me tell you…. if I don’t look like one of the girls in the INSANITY videos by the end of the 60 days, I’m going to be SOOO mad. This is the hardest workout I have ever done in my entire life!!!!!!
I don’t know how all that leads up to what I’m talking about today, I guess it does a little bit, but I constantly get emails and messages from people asking me what brand of makeup I wear, protein powder I use, and hair care.
Of course, I have to admit that most of the time, I only look for gluten and soy in products, but I always try to look for items that only have a few ingredients (the less preservatives and chemicals the better).
But just make sure to check the ingredients on everything if you’re planning on trying any of the below.
So… here’s the list of the types of products I use on a daily/weekly basis…
Let’s start in the morning. I wake up and immediately drink a huge (and when I say huge I mean like, 7-11 giant biggest gulp ever) of water with half a lemon squeezed in it. It helps rehydrate me from the night (our body uses a lot of water to replenish and regenerate itself while we’re sleeping) and the lemon helps with oxidation.
I swear by it. After that, I start using the below products!
Skincare & Deodorant:
- Face wash – Sprout Cleanser. In the shower I use Green St. Luxuries Facial Cleanser
- Face moisturizer – Sprout Cream
- Face scrub – Sprout Exfoliant
- Body scrub – Sprout Body Scrub
- Body wash – Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap (I use this occasionally, esp. to get shampoo and conditioner suds off my body), but other than that I usually just pick up a brand at my local department store that doesn’t have a ton of ingredients. I think right now I’m using Bath & Body Works, but only because it was a gift
- Deodorant – Tom’s Apricot Deodorant (I use this because it’s not an anti-persperant and it doesn’t contain aluminum which is bad for you and has been linked in Alzheimer’s – apricot is the best scent)
- Body Moisturizer – I love Green Street Luxuries’ moisturizers..
- Lifetime Life’s Basic Plant Protein Powder - unsweetened (this is the protein powder I use in my smoothies)
- Dr. Weil’s Daily Multivitamins
- Organix Shampoo (they sell it at Ulta or CVS)
- Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner
- Summer Hair – Frederic Fekkai Summer Hair Beach Waves
- I didn’t put hairspray in here or anything else because I use different brands every time
- I get my hair done at Aveda Salons… they try to be as green as possible and their dyes are safer. I know the dye they use on my hair is wheat free, it only has quinoa in it. BUT I do know that many of their shampoos and conditioners have wheat in it and they make sure not to use those on my hair when I go in.
- Bronzer – Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzing Powder
- Concealer – Neutrogena Smoothing Stick Treatment Concealer
- Mascara – d.j.v. beautenizer – Fiberwig XL (the best thing about this is its so easy to wash off with warm water – it just flakes off!)
- Eyeshadow – Urban Decay, Too Faced, Benefit, Sephora Brand, Smashbox, Stila, Revlon the list goes on.. I use a ton of different brands when it comes to eyeshadows
- Eyeliner – Estee Lauder
- I don’t use foundation or a ton of different powders, etc.. so if you’re looking for more makeup, visit NoGlutenNaturalGirlProducts.com they have a TON of different gluten free makeup on there and all ingredients are listed so you can also check for other allergens!
- Scotch Nail Polish (this is actually a non-toxic polish and they have amazing colors)
- I don’t really wear perfume because it’s just mixed up of different chemicals, but when I do it’s Dior – J’adore or Ralph Lauren – Romance
I think I got all of them!
If there’s anything you need help finding allergy free, let me know and I’d be more than happy to find products and test them to make sure they work okay
Until next time…