You know what day it is… Valentine’s Day!
So instead of talking about allergy free products today I’ve decided to give you a special yummy recipe that you can make tonight! So let’s keep this short, sweet and to the point. You know how I like to celebrate today – with lots of yummy food!
If you need any ideas, this is what I made Adam for Valentine’s Day dinner (we celebrated this past weekend on Sunday because then I have more time to cook a gourmet meal):
- Appetizer: Seared sea scallops with mango lemongrass salsa
- Salad: Blue cheese and pear frisee salad with a garlic white wine dressing
- Meal: Crispy duck with mushroom parmesean risotto and garlic lemon broccolini
- Dessert: You know… it’s right below… Dark chocolate lava cake with orange liqueur
This recipe is:
- Dairy Free
- Fish Free
- Gluten Free
- Peanut Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Wheat Free
Dark Chocolate Lava Cake with Orange Liqueur
Makes 2 desserts one for you and one to share – or – if you’re single, lucky you, you get two to devour!
Prep Time: 2hrs 20min (most of the time is waiting for the chocolate to cool / Cook Time: 10min
- 1/2c Enjoy Life allergy free, gluten free chocolate chips, divided
- 2tbsp canned coconut milk
- 1tbsp Grand Marnier (they do sell a mini bottle of this at the liquor store, here in PA ours was $2.99)
- 2tbsp allergy free butter
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2tbsp coconut flour
- Strawberries, to garnish
- Powdered sugar, to garnish
Preheat your oven to 400F. In a small saucepan, heat 1/4c of your chocolate chips, the coconut milk, and the Grand Marnier until melted and smooth. Place in the fridge and let cool for approx 2 hour until solid. Once cooled, make two small chocolate balls with your hands approx 1.5″ round. If you have a little extra chocolate left over, that’s okay. Set aside for use later.
Next, in a small saucepan combine the rest of your chocolate chips and the butter, mixing until melted and smooth.
In a separate bowl, use your beater to whisk together the sugar, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon. Once the mixture gets creamy and fluffs up, remove your beater and fold in the coconut flour and the chocolate mixture you just melted (NOT the chocolate mixture with the Grand Marnier).
Spoon your cake batter evenly into two greased ramkins. Press your chocolate Grand Marnier balls into the center of the ramkins. Bake for 10min.
Remove and run a small knife around the outside of the ramkins to separate the cake from the sides. Flip over onto a place and let drop. This may happen immediately, but could take a minute. Garnish with powdered sugar and strawberries.
Enjoy and Happy Happy Valentines Day. Lots of love to you, your family, your friends, and your loved ones.