I had to do something special to ask them, especially since so many of them live far away! So I decided to create little surprises boxes (Alice in Wonderland themed of course because I’ve been obsessed since I was little) to ask them to join me on my special day.
I have 1 amazing Maid of Honor and 3 amazing Bridesmaids and this is what I purchased for the boxes:
- Wooden cigar boxes
- Jewelry wire
- Flower stickers
- Mini metal keys
- Mini bottles of liquor (different liquor for each bridesmaid depending on their preferences)
- Unsweetened tea bags for different spiked tea recipes (using the liquors above)
- Gourmet chocolate bars
- Antique looking cardstock paper to print on and to create handmade stencils for all of the painting I did on the boxes
- Paint chips to show my wedding colors
- Xacto knife
- Mat board (to cut on)
- Ink in my printer
- Font I used – Dutch & Harley (a free font I got off of a free font website)
- Flower hole punch
- Embroidery thread
- Paint chips for my wedding colors
- Inspiration pictures for wedding dresses, colors, etc…
This is how they turned out…. from what they’ve told me, my bridesmaids LOVED them!
The outside of the box with everyone’s name.
I wrapped all the boxes in ribbon and put an “OPEN ME” tag on them with a key.. like in Alice in Wonderland!
Here you can see everything included in the box… Something that says “EAT ME,” Something that says “DRINK ME,” a little dress I made that says, “WEAR ME” and then cards that talked about my wedding, the colors, paint chips, bridesmaid dress inspiration…
Here’s a better look at everything in the box. I painted the entire box in my wedding colors and glittered the name on the front a bit along with the bottom of the box with the off-white antique paint.
Just what all bridesmaids need (and brides) – chocolate and BOOZE!
I’m also creating something similar for my flower girls (you can check out what I made my flower girls here!!) .. It took a lot of time to make but was TOTALLY worth it… and it really didn’t take as long as it looks!
Also, if anyone knows of any adorable light blue Alice in Wonderland tea dresses I can purchase for my rehearsal dinner, please let me know!
I know it’s over a year and a half out (June 15, 2013) but you can ever be too prepared and all the dresses I’ve found lately have been too costumey!